dolciano-0912.jpg

The church

the church

The church was commissioned by the Grand Duke who in 1787 established the Parish with the title of San Leopoldo for the inhabitants of Dolciano.

 

In 1825 on the order of Leopoldo II ° (last Grand Duke until 1861) the rectangular plan was replaced by a circular plan with a dome designed by Eng. Ferdinando Corsini.

 

The church has a 6-column portico with an Ionic capital.

Frescoes embellish the interior and the architraved portal under the portico.

 

Still consecrated under the diocese of Montepulciano - Chiusi - Pienza, it allows those who wish to celebrate weddings and other events with a religious function.

The entire park that frames the church is an excellent location for even non-religious ceremonies.

gia_sere227.jpg